Daimler AG is one of the world's most successful automotive companies. With its Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler Trucks, Mercedes-Benz Vans, Daimler Buses, and Daimler Financial Services divisions, the Group is one of the leading global suppliers of premium cars and is the world's largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles. Daimler Financial Services offers financing, leasing, fleet management, insurance, investments and credit cards as well as innovative mobility services.
The company founders, Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz, made history by inventing the automobile in 1886. As a pioneer of automotive engineering, Daimler continues to shape the future of mobility today by focusing on innovative and green technologies as well as on safe and superior vehicles that captivate and inspire. Daimler consistently invests in the development of alternative drive trains – from hybrid cars to full electric vehicles with battery and fuel cell – to enable zero-emission driving for the long term. Moreover, the company is actively promoting accident-free driving and intelligent networking all the way through to driverless cars. This is just one example of how Daimler willingly accepts the challenge of meeting its responsibility towards society and the environment.
Project involvement within ARENA2036
- Intelligent lightweight design with function intergartion (LeiFu)
- Project coordination
- Simulation esp. of fiber composites
- Examination of producibilty with regard to series-production readiness
- profitability assessment
- Characterization of material (S/F/B, Crash, NVH, thermal transfer)
- Development of contacting concepts
- Component integration in sandwich cores (sensor system, heating elements)
- Digital Production: new materials & processes (DigitPro)
- Research factory: Future production (ForschFab)