Constellium is a world leader in manufacturing of high-quality aluminium products. We have more than 150 years experience in aluminium and technology development (we started with Pechiney, Alcan, Alusuisse until now), including the whole process start at recast/recycling, extrusion and rolling. Constellium develops and produces innovative products and systems for aviation, automotive and packaging.
Round about 11.000 full-time employees operate in 25 production facilities throughout Europe, North America and China and two Technology Centers in Voreppe, FR and Brunel, Brunel University in London, UK.
The company is headquartered in Amsterdam.
The customer includes over 60 divisions structured in three business units:
- Aerospace and Transportation (A&T)
- Packing and Automotive Rolled Produkts (P&ARP)
- Automotive Structures and Industry (AS&I)
Project involvement within ARENA2036
As an aluminium supplier Constellium has the demand to support the lightweight design through efficient material application.
Our objective is to contribute our Know-How to Arena2036, beginning with the very first idea. We intent to provide our knowledge and experience in dimensioning and manufacturing of different components. Our aim is to support the field of aluminium through participation in different projects in terms of:
- Connection methods to other materials (multi material design)
- Full potential of lightweight design in the development process
- Automation and optimization of manufacturing processes e.g. industry 4.0